The Impact Network is making BOLD moves with their 2017-2018 programming. The network, which is the only African American founded and operated national Christian tv network is adding programing that merges faith and culture.
The Network announced twelve new shows for development; a fresh program line-up with household names that promise compelling content targeted to Millennials and faith-based viewers. Executive Producers, Royal Jackson and Jean Chouteau will take the reins in delivering content to the Impact Network and its over 80 million viewers.
The unveiling of the greenlit shows includes: “The Beyoncé’s’,”a reality series proving the family that slays together stays together. Famous people have families too, and The Beyoncé family relies on humor and faith to maintain perspective in the devastated city of Houston amidst the backdrop of their own grief. A big reveal of The Beyoncé Family is scheduled to be announced on October 5, 2017.
The music industry’s favorite singing siblings, the Shelby 5, will appear in a reality series titled “Shelbyville” and this family doesn’t just do music, they are music.
“Get It Straight” is a fast paced news and entertainment show hosted by Khalif Townes, the number one blogger and the undisputed leading source of information in the faith-based arena (UGospel). Townes will be joined by his hilarious cohorts, industry trendsetter Robert Hatcher, Erik “Bluetooth” Griggs and BET’s Neffeteria Pugh as they engage viewers in authentic dialogue on interests reflecting the conversations of millennials across all platforms.
In addition to the aforementioned programs, here are the remaining greenlit programs currently in development for The Impact Network:
- Tru G with Snoop Dogg – viewers will follow the journey of Snoop as he releases his passionate yet controversial Gospel Project.
- Grab your mate and save the date for “Marriage Matters”. Hosted by Shelby “Soullow”, it is said to be an invigoratingly engaging talk show with guest interviews, a robust expert panel and a live studio audience filmed in Atlanta, with a prospective air date of February 14, 2018.
- The new program lineup also includes, Xscaping Hollywood, Fix It! with James Fortune, The Newt Testament,and the Impact the Stage.
- A new makeover show that we can all sink our teeth into! The Queen of Smiles follows dentist to the stars, Dr. Catrise Austin, the subject of Cardi B’s smash hit record, “Bodak Yellow”, as she changes lives one smile at a time and on her own dime!
- Brooklyn Bosses offers a different look into NYC than we’re used to as this reality series follows philanthropist, musician, and tastemaker Melky Jean and a sister-circle of Brooklynites who pray before they leap, and they always play for keeps.
Will you be watching?